The post-purchase experience is critical for your store. Most of the store owners we know focus first on driving traffic and making the sales. They are right. But how can you encourage repeat customers? In the long run, it's cheaper and much more profitable to keep customers coming back. It's of course harder.
That's the main reason why the post-purchase experience is key to any online stores.
The post-purchase experience is the interactions you have with your customer after the sale. It involves communication and transparency. There are aspects you can't control, like one delivery running late. But most of the rest you can. It all starts with the right mindset.
The quotes below are from philosophers, entrepreneurs, CEOs who built amazing businesses. They knew - somehow - that post-purchase experience is the foundation of a growing business. Whether you apply these for customer support or anytime you interact with your customers, try to think about the experience your customers are having with you and your brand.
1. Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
Who said that? Blaise Pascal, was a Mathematician, physicist and inventor from France.
2. A man without a smiling face must not open a shop
Who said that? Unknown Chinese Proverb
3. We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job to make the customer experience a little bit better."
Who said that? Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.
4. Customer service shouldn't just be a department, it should be the entire company.
Who said that? Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, and one of the most respected leader when it comes to customer service. You can read more about it [here](https://hbr.org/2010/07/how-i-did-it-zapposs-ceo-on-going-to-extremes-for-customers" target="_blank)
5. What helps people, helps business.
Who said that? Leo Burnett, famous advertising executive who built his own agency. Tony the Tiger? That's him.
6. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning
Who said that? Bill Gates, everybody knows who Bill Gates is right? 😉
7. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently
Who said that? Warren Buffet, one of the most respected businessman in the world.
8. The only purpose of customer service is to change feelings
Who said that? Seth Godin, who is a marketing guru, best-selling author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker. You can read his blog [here](http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2015/03/what-is-customer-service-for.html" target="_blank)
9. Companies that start reinventing themselves and focus on the customer experience more, will win out in the end.
Who said that? Alfred Lin, who is a venture capitalist at Sequoia Capital. Lin was the COO, CFO, and Chairman of Zappos.com until 2010.
#######10. Profit in business comes from repeat customers; customers that boast about your product and service, and that bring friends with them.
Who said that? W. Edwards Deming, who is a former American engineer who spent quite some time collaborating in Japan. He had more impact on Japanese manufacturing and business than any other individual not of Japanese heritage.
Over to you!
Any famous quotes you love about customer experience, post-purchase experience that we're missing? Comment on the section below and let us know your biggest challenge to deliver the best post-purchase experience on your store.
Love this article? Click on the little buttons below to spread the word. Means a lot to us!